- Skills to develop:This game develops skills in subtraction, but this time of fractions. Subtracting fractions is slightly more complicated than subtracting whole numbers.
- The Monkey Isle Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monkey.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-22 07:59:392019-01-06 12:18:49Subtraction of fractions – 5th Grade Math Game
This 5th grade math game helps children practice subtraction of fractions.
Fractions are used in everyday life and in 5th grade students become familiar with multiple operations using fractions. When adding and subtracting of fractions students have to first make sure the fractions in the addition or subtraction equations have common denominators. The denominators are the numbers underneath the line of the fraction and represent the number of the total parts of the whole number. In order to add or subtract, students must convert fractions so that the denominators are the same in all fractions in each equation. Subtraction of Fractions game gives students needed practice to perform those skills of conversion of fractions and then subtracting the fractions to obtain the correct answer. There are multiple equations, so students get repeated practice. The screen following each choice features a colorful monkey digging for his treasure. When a correct answer is selected, the monkey finds either a banana or a coconut. When an incorrect answer is selected, the poor monkey digs up a shoe. In the end, the monkey might find a surprise! This game is a great game for learning center practice or to use at home. Read Less
Highest Rated Games
- Daily routines verbs space (5.00 out of 5)
- Money Addition Kids Math Game – Dragon Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Word Families 1 – at, it, ug, um – ESL Phonics Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.