- Skills to develop:This game develops skills in addition, but this time of fractions. Adding fractions is slightly more complicated than adding whole numbers.
- The Space Dog Gameis a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/space-dog.jpg 153 220 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-22 07:59:052019-01-06 13:04:46Addition of fractions – 5th Grade Math Game
This 5th grade math game will help children practice and further develop knowledge of adding fractions.
Fractions are used in everyday life and in 5th grade students become familiar with multiple operations using fractions. When adding and subtracting of fractions students have to first make sure the fractions in the addition or subtraction equations have common denominators. The denominators are the numbers underneath the line of the fraction and represent the number of the total parts of the whole number. In order to add or subtract, students must convert fractions so that the denominators are the same in all fractions in each equation. Addition of Fractions game gives students needed practice to perform those skills of conversion of fractions and then adding the fractions to obtain the correct answer. There are multiple equations, some with pictures, so students get repeated practice. The screen following each choice features a colorful space dog who is trying to catch a bone. When answers are correct, the bone is caught by the dog. When answers are incorrect, the bone is knocked away by a meteor or beamed aboard an alien spaceship. This game is perfect for learning center rotations or more practice at home. Read Less
Highest Rated Games
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Daily routines verbs space (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Money Addition Kids Math Game – Dragon Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Hundreds, tens, units, place value math game for 3rd Grade (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.