- Skills to develop:Kids learn to tell time using the concept of quarter and half past. It is a time reading skill that intersects with basic knowledge of fractions.
- Game Overview:The Kitten Race Game is a time-limited and gamified multiple choice activity that keeps learners engaged.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/kitten-thumb.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 08:33:132019-01-03 15:36:45Telling Time, Quarter to, Quarter Past - 2nd grade math game
This math game helps kids in second grade develop skills in telling time using quarter to, quarter past and half past.
The mastery of the skill of telling time helps kids to become more independent as they grow older. Telling time is a lifetime skill people need to live in any society. While we do have digital clocks almost everywhere we look, children also need to learn to tell time on an analog clock face. On this game, kids will review and practice the basic math skill of telling time to the quarter hour. Because this game skill goes to the quarter hour, this also relates to the skill of fractions in math. This game reviews the terms quarter to, quarter past, half past, times such as 5:45, 1:15 and often the students are asked to choose two correct answers. This game is a time reading skill that intersects with a basic knowledge of telling time and fractions. On the following screen two kittens are engaged in an exciting race to see who can win. When the correct answer(s) are given the one kitten will pull ahead. If an answer is incorrect, the other kitten will pull ahead. The blue car with the kitten will win if more correct answers are given. Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Number Spelling 20 to 99 – Kids Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Fractions of numbers, half, quarter – math game for 2nd graders (5.00 out of 5)
- Hundreds, tens, units, place value math game for 3rd Grade (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.