https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/dragon.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-12-14 07:31:142018-12-14 07:31:14Passive voice – Grammar Game for ESL
Passive voice – Grammar Game for ESL
Practice using the passive voice in English with this grammar game. Click the play button to begin.
Passive voice – In English, sentences can be written in the active voice or the passive voice. When a sentence is in the active voice, the subject is performing the action. However, in the passive voice the subject is being acted by the verb and the subject comes after the action. Read More
The following examples help illustrate the difference:
- Active Voice: Tom wrote the book.
- Passive Voice: The book was written by Tom.
- It can be useful when we to place focus on the object, not the subject.
- When we do not know who performed the action, or do not want to say who, we use the passive voice. For example – A new teacher was assigned.
- The passive voice can make sentences sound more formal and less personal. For example – A decision has been taken to expel you.