- Skills to develop:Children will review and practice adding numbers up to the hundreds. Addition is encountered at every level of math learning. Adding up to a hundred is a natural progression for third graders from earlier math lessons.
- Game Overview:The Turaco Dragon Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/dragon.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 13:09:582019-01-05 13:17:45Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game
This math game helps kids in 3rd grade practice addition of numbers up to hundreds. The game helps kids expand their addition skills by moving into bigger numbers.
Basic addition is at the base for a multitude of operations in math going forward in 3rd grade and beyond. When students start using regrouping in 3rd grade, they are also using skills involving place value. Students need to be able to understand regrouping from the units place to the tens place and regrouping from the tens place to the hundreds place in order to add larger numbers. In the Addition of Numbers up to Hundreds game, students are given several standard algorithm problems to solve, each one with a 2-minute time limit. Students are able to use scratch paper in order to find the correct answer. Each problem set is written horizontally and students will have to rewrite the problem vertically so they can use the standard algorithm or whatever math strategy they use in order to solve the question. Toward the end of the game, there are also real world math word problems to involve more critical thinking skills. The next screen after every question features a colorful dragon students are helping. The dragon is trying to cook food and is successful with every correct answer. However, with every incorrect answer, a bird swoops in to take a quick bite from the feast! This game is perfect practice for learning center rotations or for practice at home. Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Countries/Nationalities (5.00 out of 5)
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Fractions of numbers, half, quarter – math game for 2nd graders (5.00 out of 5)
- Fractions, half– math game for 2nd graders (5.00 out of 5)
- Animal Habitat – Science Game for Kids (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.