- Skills to develop:Children will review and practice subtracting bigger three digit numbers with renaming tens and hundreds.
- Game Overview:The Monkey Isle Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monkey.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 13:24:242019-01-03 17:49:03Subtraction with renaming tens and hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game
This 3rd grade math game helps kids practice subtraction with renaming tens and hundreds.
Basic addition and subtraction math facts are taken to the next level when students begin to use regrouping at the end of 2nd grade and beginning of 3rd grade. Students use the skills of place value and moving from the hundreds place to the tens place when regrouping in order to subtract with renaming tens and hundreds. In this game, students are given several standard algorithm problems to solve, each one with a 2-minute time limit. Students are able to use scratch paper in order to find the correct answer. But be careful, out of four multiple choices, there are at least two choices that are close to the correct one! There are also two problems written horizontally and students will need to rewrite those problems vertically in order to solve. On the following screens after each algorithm is a monkey on an island. If the student answers the problems correctly, the monkey will dig up a banana or a coconut, if the answer is incorrect, the monkey digs up a shoe. The object is to get as many stars as possible. This game is great practice for learning centers and for older students as well.Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Daily routines verbs space (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Money Addition Kids Math Game – Dragon Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Hundreds, tens, units, place value math game for 3rd Grade (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.