- Skills to develop:Children will review and practice adding bigger numbers with regrouping of units to tens.
- Game Overview:The Space Dog Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/space-dog.jpg 153 220 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 13:13:482019-01-05 13:15:35Addition with regrouping of units to tens – 3rd Grade Math Game
This math game for 3rd grade helps practice addition with regrouping of units to tens. The game helps kids expand their addition and place value skills by adding with regrouping three digit numbers.
Basic addition math facts are taken to the next level when students begin to use regrouping in 3rd grade. Students use the skills of place value and moving from the units place to the tens place in order to add with larger numbers. In this game, students are given several standard algorithm problems to solve, each one with a 2-minute time limit. Students are able to use scratch paper in order to find the correct answer. Each problem has 2 or 3-digit numbers and 2 or 3 of those numbers to add together. Out of four multiple choices, there are at least two choices that are close to the correct one. There are also real world math word problems to involve more critical thinking skills. After each question is answered correctly the following screen will show a colorful dog in space being able to catch a bone. If an answer is incorrect, a meteor will hit the bone instead, or a spaceship will beam the bone up. This game is great practice for learning center rotations or to practice addition at home. Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Daily routines verbs space (5.00 out of 5)
- Frog Life Cycle, Science Spelling Game Activity for Kids (5.00 out of 5)
- Word Families 1 – at, it, ug, um – ESL Phonics Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.