- Skills to develop:Children will review and practice subtracting bigger two and three digit numbers with renaming.
- Game Overview:The Turaco Dragon Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/dragon.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 13:28:302019-01-03 18:09:47Subtraction renaming hundreds to tens - 3rd Grade Math Game
This 3rd grade math game helps kids practice subtraction with renaming from hundreds to tens. This game is a stepping stone on to the trickier subtraction problem with renaming.
Basic addition and subtraction math facts are taken to the next level when students begin to use regrouping at the end of 2nd grade and beginning of 3rd grade. Students use the skills of place value and moving from the hundreds place to the tens place when regrouping in order to subtract with renaming hundreds and tens. In this game, students are given several standard algorithm problems to solve, each one with a 2-minute time limit. Students are able to use scratch paper in order to find the correct answer. But be careful, out of four multiple choices, there are at least two choices that are close to the correct one! There are also real world math word problems to involve more critical thinking skills. After each problem, on the following screen, is a colorful dragon trying to cook a meal. If the correct answer is given, the dragon is able to fight off a hungry bird. If an incorrect answer is given, the hungry bird manages to snack on the dragon’s meal. This game is great for learning centers or for further practice at home.Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Daily routines verbs space (5.00 out of 5)
- Money Addition Kids Math Game – Dragon Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Addition of numbers up to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Fractions of numbers, half, quarter – math game for 2nd graders (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.