https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/turaco-baker.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-06-18 03:59:322022-04-12 10:56:14Frog Life Cycle, Science Spelling Game Activity for Kids
This science game helps kids review knowledge of the life cycle of a frog. It is suitable for 1st grade primary school learners.
- Key Science Facts
- A frog is an amphibian because it lives on land and water.
- Frogs have webbed feet.
- A frog has a long sticky tongue.
- It uses its sticky tongue to catch insects.
- In a first step, an adult frog lays thousands of jellylike eggs.
- Second step, a tadpole hatches from the egg.
- The tadpole grows its hind legs first.
- Its tail gets shorter, while its legs grow longer.
- When its tail disappears, it becomes a frog.
- Game: The Turaco Baker Game is a time-limited game activity of drag and drop spelling.
The following information should be covered in the 1st grade curriculum in order for students to be successful at this game: Frogs begin as tadpoles. An adult frog lays thousands of jellylike eggs. A tadpole hatches from the egg. The tadpole grows its hind legs first. Its tail gets shorter, while its legs grow longer. When its tail disappears, it becomes a frog. A frog is an amphibian because it lives on land and water. Frogs have webbed feet. A frog has a long sticky tongue. It uses its sticky tongue to catch insects. When students are playing the game they are asked a question with a missing word. They are to spell the missing word to fill in the blank of the sentence. A letter bank of all the correct letters is available so the student is able to choose the correct letters to form the correct answers. A colorful Parrot chef on the following screen is baking. When the answer is correct, the baked desert comes out perfect, but when the answer is incorrect, the baked dish is burned! This game would be great for science partners to work on in between other activities. Read Less