- Skills to develop:Children will review and practice adding bigger three digit numbers with regrouping of units and tens to hundreds.
- Game Overview:The Monkey Isle Game is a time-limited game of multiple choices with one or sometimes two correct answers.
https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/monkey.jpg 176 250 turacogame https://www.turacogames.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/Turacogames-300x135.png turacogame2018-07-08 13:19:102019-01-05 13:13:14Addition with regrouping of units, tens to hundreds – 3rd Grade Math Game
This 3rd grade math game helps kids practice addition with regrouping of units and tens to hundreds. The game develops kids’ addition and place value skills by adding with regrouping bigger three digit numbers.
Basic addition math facts are taken to the next level when students begin to use regrouping at the end of 2nd grade and beginning of 3rd grade. Students use the skills of place value and moving from the units place to the tens place and from the tens place to the hundreds place when regrouping in order to add with larger numbers. In this game, students are given several standard algorithm problems to solve, each one with a 2-minute time limit. Students are able to use scratch paper in order to find the correct answer. Each problem has 2 or 3-digit numbers and 3 of those numbers to add together. Out of four multiple choices, there are at least two choices that are close to the correct one. There are also real world math word problems to involve more critical thinking skills. After each problem, if the student answers the problems correctly, the colorful monkey on the following screen will dig up a banana or a coconut. If the answer is incorrect, the monkey digs up a shoe. The object of the game is to get as many stars as possible by earning points. This game is great practice for learning center rotations or to practice addition at home. Read Less
You might also like
Highest Rated Games
- Word Families 1 – at, it, ug, um – ESL Phonics Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Money Addition, Subtraction of Cents – 2nd grade math game (5.00 out of 5)
- Number Spelling 20 to 99 – Kids Math Game (5.00 out of 5)
- Subtracting from 10 to 20 – Math Game for 1st Grade (5.00 out of 5)
- Fractions of numbers, half, quarter – math game for 2nd graders (5.00 out of 5)
Subscribe for offers
We will appreciate your feedback.